Connecting to Redshift
To connect to an AWS Redshift database the following information will be necessary:
- Display name : A name of your choice to identify the database.
- Host : The IP address or domain pointing to your database.
- Port : The port used to connect to your database.
- Schema name : (optional) The name of the database schema you want to connect to.
- Username & Password : Credentials with permission to query the database.
As for all database systems, the following IP's might need to be whitelisted:
Depending on your AWS settings, you may also need to grant Query.me access to your Redshift security group.